Monday 24 October 2011

Pizza Express

Went to the Lowry (I know, again, but it's Manchester Comedy Festival and there's a lot on!). As it was a work night, I met hubby down there and we went to Pizza Express for dinner.

I'd rung early to check that they would do a "special" order for me and it wasn't a problem.

So I had Pollo Pancetta Salad which is Chicken and crispy pancetta salad with sweet peppadew peppers, sweet baby onions, vine tomatoes, cucumber, grilled peppers, basil and mint. Finished with extra virgin olive oil & red wine vinegar and shaved ricotta salata, served with warm dough sticks.So without the pancetta, shaved ricotta and dough sticks, there was only the onion that wasn't on my list (and I let that slip by, naughty girl!).I had the dressing on the side, so added about 1 Tbsp which was plenty.

It was really tasty (and to be honest, it's probably what I would have chosen previously anyway - my regular choice in PE was always salad Pollo Perdue, but that's not on the menu anymore).

So, dinner was lovely, Hubby ate my dough sticks, and Toby Hadoke (that we went to see) was great. Another great night out, and (apart from 2 tiny onions) all on plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment