Monday 17 October 2011

Calves liver

I must be needing an iron fix, because I've had a craving for liver for a couple of days. So tonight I picked up some calves liver, which I briefly pan fried and rested in the oven. Then I fried some mushrooms in the same pan until they started to give off their liquor and added some fresh sage. Liver went back in, along with some sherry vinegar. Once the juice started to thicken, I took it off the heat and stired in some fat free yoghurt.

Don't think it was quite cool enough though as the yoghurt split (often happens with fat free yoghurt, just not enough stability to hold it together without fat). Served the lot over french beans and spinach with a little dollop of yoghurt on top.

It was just what I fancied, and was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment