Friday 28 October 2011

Out of this World

Get me and my tin foil hat! I'm with my hubby, at Manchester Museum of Science and Industry for a Spacetacular event, part of Manchester Science Week. Almost everyone is dressed up - some in proper costumes (there's and alien from Alpha Centuri, an astronaut, dark matter, the big bang and more) and the rest of us in makeshift outfits crafted from tin foil, glitter and tinsel.

First we went in the planetarium and watched the sky - I was very happy that I fit neatly into the small seats! Then we saw Jupiter and three of it's moons through a telescope in the car park. A bit of comedy (on a space theme) and a spacetacular quiz, in which I got 1 1/2 out of 10!

So, a good, geeky night had by all. I'd had my scallops at late afternoon snack time, and bought my snack with me to have about 8ish - and since it was a Phase 3 coconut bar, wrapped in silver foil, it fit right in (of course I pretended it was space food - who wouldn't when you're sat next to a man with tin foil epaulettes?).

No comments:

Post a Comment