Friday 14 October 2011

Catching up

Well, it's been a busy old week, so I've not done much blogging - time for a quick recap I think!

I've been away for a few days with work, at our National Sales meeting. This was in a lovely hotel in Warwickshire, big lake out front (that I so wanted to swim in), huge rooms and beautiful food.

On Monday, I resisted lunch of game pie or fish and chips, served buffet style, and just had salad and some buns I'd made. Then I resisted afternoon tea - fruit scones with jam and cream, and a squidgy chocolate and cherry cake that looked devine! More tea and buns to the rescue.

Managed to get in a swim (in the pool, not the lake) for about 30 mins before dinner - so exercise, tick!

At dinner, I went for salmon for starters and sea bream for main - but only ate about half of it - I got quite full which made it easy to resist dessert.

Then there was singing, and guess the intro (a bit of a tradition with our team) with Phil on his iPod and lots of 80's tunes. Then it got late, but we were still rocking (all 6 of us that were left at midnight) so it was up to Phil's room for some more iPod mix - there was dancing and it wasn't pretty!

Now Phil was staying in the turret - up 3 flights of stairs, and then his sitting room was up another 2 flights of stairs. At one time, I'd have gone to bed rather than do 5 flights of stairs at midnight - but I was up for a bop, so took on the stairs and didn't even get out of puff! In the picture, just look for the highest window and you might just see me throwing shapes.

On Tuesday (still without internet or Blackberry - torture) it was the sales meeting, so more sitting, resisting food and eating buns. Time for a quick swim before getting ready for dinner. Tomato and basil soup, followed by duck and veg - and again I ate about half and was satisfied, so no overeating. OK, duck isn't on the list, but I didn't want to make a fuss, and being a late addition to the list, didn't have time to organise anything else. Then there was kareoke - the one disadvantage to working for a Japanese company, we have our own kareoke machine! That wasn't pretty either!

BUT, the great thing was that lots of people came up to me during the day and evening and told me how fab I was looking. They are such a supportive bunch, and I got lots of congratulations and praise for doing so well (oh, and lots of hugs too!). Must admit, I felt pretty good too - wearing a lovely Laura Ashley dress that I'd liberated from my mother in law's wardrobe.

Another late night, with dancing, and another gallon of water and tea. A great, reaffirming time though - another pic to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment