Tuesday 25 October 2011

I could get in there with you

On Firday, I showed Steph (the Wardrobe Angel) a lovely silk coat I'd had made in China in 2002. She insisted I put it on, I think secretly hoping she could salvage something from it, since it is beautiful. This was made to measure and fit me perfectly when I bought it.

I put it on and she just stared, then said "I could get in there with you!"

So I invited her in, and sure enough, we both fit in the coat. I'm not standing behind Steph - those are my arms in the coat sleeves. It really puts into perspective how much I've lost - a whole person!

I've kept the coat - hopefully there is enough fabric in it to make something else - I'm thinking a nice pencil skirt and perhaps a waistcoat (not to wear together).

No comments:

Post a Comment