Tuesday 25 October 2011

Griddled Chicken

There have been complaints dear reader, complaints! And conflicting ones at that!

Apparently not enough food pictures according to mum, and missing outfit pictures according to sis. It's so hard to guess what you all want, so I'll add as much as poss, and you just skip the bits you're not interested in. OK? Right! Food then first...

This is (was) tonight's tea, griddled veg and chicken. I know you've seen it before, but it's one of my favourites especially for a quick, easy tea. It only involves one pan, chopping up some veg, slicing a chicken breast in half (to make it thinner and quicker to cook), chopping some herbs and measuring some oil.

I usually cook one pan of veg first and then keep this warm in the oven (in the dish I'm using to serve) and then cook the rest of the veg and chicken. I don't use any oil at this stage, and put the extractor fan on!

When it's all ready, sprinkle the herbs on top (today I used sage, oregano, mint, basil and thyme) pour on some lovely extra virgin olive oil (1 Tbsp or whatever of your allowance is left) and for me, some crunchy flakes of cornish sea salt (well, I'm not spending any money on wine, so I have these little treats instead!).

Of course you can just eat yours - you don't have to photograph it first!

No comments:

Post a Comment