Monday 28 November 2011

TGI Fridays

We ended up going out for dinner after the Big Style Event on Saturday - and the nearest place was TGI Fridays.

I suspected this might happen, and so I'd checked the menu on the internet and didn't find anything that would suit, so I rang them and asked if they would do a steak with a simple salad. They said it would be no problem at all, just to ask and they'd be happy to do it.

And indeed they did. The steak was too big, so I cut it in half and had half in a doggy bag to take home (lucky cat!). There was loads of salad, and I was pretty full by the time I'd eaten mine, so didn't mind the others all having sundaes and cheesecake.

The tip here is to plan ahead if you think you might get caught out, then you won't panic. And if you're only planning on eating half your steak (or whatever) cut it in half first and push one half to the edge of your plate. Don't start eating it planning on stopping half way through - you won't be able to tell where half is once you've eaten some!

Enjoy - you really don't need to be a hermit!

No comments:

Post a Comment