Tuesday 22 November 2011

Busy day

In the run up to the Big Style Event, the party season and Christmas, it's been a busy old day today!

I've taken two days off work - yesterday I went to Trentham with mum and sis and a friend to do some Christmas shopping - got a few bits for my hubby, so good work there!

Today started with a pamper session - I'm having my makeover on Friday and then I'm at a charity ball in the evening - this all calls for some much needed maintenance, especially as my new party shoes are peep toe courts! So order of the day was a defuzz (which is much more difficult now my arms have actual pits and not flat bits underneath!), then a scrub and an application of tanning moisturiser.

And then the painting of toenails - hello! Red toes! Now that does not happen very often, ever since a fight with my dad about painted toes when I was 17, but that's another story...

Buffed, scrubbed and remade, it was then off to Media City for my radio interview with Becky Want. Thought that went well - the look of shock on her face when I showed her my old big trousers was priceless!

I was also talking to one of the staff on Becky's show about another project - he asked me how much weight I'd lost so I replied "about you", guessing he was about 9 stone. Just imaging carrying a fully grown man around with you EVERYWHERE, EVERYDAY. Not surprising I was tired with sore feet!

A quick bit of retail therapy and I now own some jeans (hurrah) for weekend mucking about in flat shoes and a lovely new jacket. Back home for a quick dinner of veggie chilli with monkfish and spinach and then back to Media City for an evening at the Lowry - Mitch Benn is on the bill tonight, so I'm looking forward to having a good old laugh.

What surprises me most though is that I can do all this running about, including some intensive shopping, all in heels, and without getting tired! At one time, if I had to walk more than about 500 yds I'd have pulled my face - now I park anywhere and enjoy the walk (especially when it's sunny like today was). Still, I'm not carrying that man around anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment