Monday 7 November 2011

Shopping

I went shopping with the Wardrobe Angel after work on Monday. For a big change, I was actually looking forward to it - I used to loathe clothes shopping.

When I met Steph, she had a rail of clothes lined up for me to try on - and all in a size 12. I had a bit of a panic attack - thought this was heading for a changing room disaster... but virtually everything fit.

Some of it didn't fit well admittedly - but some (like the black fit and flare dress, which I did buy) fit lovely. I'm a bit booby for a size 12, so anything that draped (or rather gaped) over the bust was a no-no, but the other things made me look super slim, especially around my waist which is now tiny.

I tried on lots of things, getting the feel of different brands and shops I'd never been into in my life. All very exciting (and would have been very daunting without help). I still have a nagging feeling in the back of my head that I don't "belong" in some shops - my psyche still thinks I'm a big girl who won't find anything to fit in the likes of River Island or Zara - but it's not true anymore, and I'm having trouble getting my head round it.

When I got home, a work colleague of my husband's was there. He told me that he'd done a double take when I walked in, because he though my hubby had got a new woman! And I suppose, in a way, he was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment