Monday 28 November 2011

Christmas comes early

I spent yesterday "doing Christmas" at our house, as Alizonne have asked me to come up with some ideas for Christmas menus.

Rather than just do the Christmas Dinner, I've done a plan for the whole day, starting with a Bucks Fizz substitute and ending with chocolates in front of the telly.

I think it's important to be able to join in with everyone else, especially at Christmas, to minimise the feelings of being differnt or left out. So I've basically taken my usual Christmas day and Alizonned it up!

I'm most pleased with the praline truffles (in the picture) they taste amazing too! Tonight I'll find out how well they keep and thus whether they can be made in advance. Once I know that, I can write up all the recipes and a plan for making things ahead.

Funny thing is, I'll be phased off by Christmas and can eat what I want (within reason obviously) but now I feel as if I'll be missing out! How weird is that?

2 comments:

  1. How did the Christmas day feast turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zimmy,
    Sorry only just saw your post (for some reason I didn't get an email).
    The Christmas menu was lovely and I had great fun doing it. Even the non-Alizonners loved it. You should see it in clinic soon.

    Hope you try some of the recipes,
    Ophelia

    ReplyDelete