Sunday 1 January 2012

What's in a number

When I was being styled yesterday (thanks again to Radio Manchester and the lovely Debbie from the Arndale Centre) we discussed high street clothing sizes. In some stores, I am a comfortable size 12, but in others a tight size 14. I know the cut of the clothes affect this a lot, but there really is a lot of variation out there.

So, if I want to stay a size 12, it seems there are some shops I shouldn't go in - or I will jump up to a 14 straight away! Alternatively, I could just use one chain as a size guide (the standard M&S sizing perhaps, as it seems the most universal) and not worry about what size I am anywhere else.

If it helps, here's what I've found so far:

Generous sizes
- M&S
- Next
- Monsoon
- Kew 159

Add a size
- Coast
- Warehouse
- Primark
- H&M
- River Island
- Klass

Add 2 sizes
- LL Bean (I think because they are US sizes anyway)

But whatever size you are, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment