Monday 2 January 2012

Calorie Counting

Found a great App today for looking up and tracking calories - and for tracking weight loss.

Myfitnesspal is a free app, and works on apple and android devices, and since it's web based, you can use it on multiple devices using just one log in (and it updates across devices really quickly).

Handy if you want to do your planning on your laptop, but want to be able to add something using your phone while you're out and about.

The numbers are a bit different from the big calorie bible I've got from clinic, but suspect this is down to selection of serving size.

I've changed the names of meals so that it reflects my 5 meal a day plan (breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner) and then one for misc.

So far, I've been quite good on hitting my calorie target - 1326 yesterday and 1218 today.

Back to work tomorrow, so planning ahead will be important. I've already packed my lunchbag with fruit and afternoon snack bars for the rest of the week (so I don't have to remember every day!).

Good luck everyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment