Thursday 12 January 2012

Out for lunch

It was a friend's birthday today so we went to our local pub for lunch. We both had mackerel and mash, with pineapple salsa. It was delicious, and I worked it out to be 665 Kcals (I counted 2 portions of mash, because it was a big dollop!)

The chilli really gave it a kick, and we had to go back to work, so we both had ice cream for dessert to cool us down. That added another 350 Kcals, making lunch a whopping 1,000 calories!

Still, I didn't have my mid morning snack, and certainly didn't need an afternoon one, so only had breakfast and dinner to add (weetabix for one, salad for the other) and so I still came in just under my 1500 cal target.

I wouldn't do this everyday (have the majority of my cals at one meal) but for a special occasion I think it's fine. And I did have a lovely time!

No comments:

Post a Comment