Monday 30 January 2012

out again

So, you'll never guess, I'm out for dinner (again!).

I'm being quite conciencious though, and since we're going to Pizza Express, I've already viewed the menu and decided what I'm having.

Although they've introduced a new pizza menu with a selection of 500 calorie pizzas, it's not really my thing - not a big fan of pizza - so I'm going for a salad.

The great thing is that they provide a complete calorie breakdown on their website, including options for the salads. It's a bit tricky to find, seems to be a bit buried, so I've added the link here:
http://www.pizzaexpress.com/our-food/nutrition/calorie-tables.aspx

I will be having a pollo pancetta salad (I always used to have pollo verdure anyway, but they don't do that anymore) which comes in at 778 calories. However - here's how it breaks down:
- pollo pancetta - 778
- without dressing - 551
- without dough sticks - 530
- without dough sticks or dressing - 303

So, I'm going for the last option, but with some balsamic vinegar (about 20 cals).

My dining companion is also dieting, and she's having a no-carbs day today, so she's having the same, which should mean that we won't be tempted (strength in numbers!).

And if we're tempted by something for afters, I've already looked up the lowest calorie dessert - Tartufo al Ciocolato (chocolate truffle ice cream) at just 70 calories! So by not having dressing, I've easily saved enough to do that and still be within my limit for today - happy days!

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment