Sunday 22 January 2012

Birthday boy

It was Hubby's birthday this week, so it seems to have been an eating fest.

I cooked him a birthday tea on Tuesday - and he requested pasta and garlic bread. So that's what we had, walnut and blue cheese pasta with ciabatta! I joined him in a glass of wine, and then another, and by 9pm was really quite squiffy. Seems I'm a cheap date these days.

Mum cooked him a birthday tea on Wednesday - roast lamb dinner (which was lovely - thanks Mum!).

Then company for dinner on Thursday, and then out for dinner on Friday for Hubby's birthday treat - dinner and a Lead Zepp tribute band. This is him tucking into a huge burger. I had a very tasty lentil and vegetable shepherd's pie. However, we did give in and have dessert - something I've not done for ages. I did really enjoy it though!

Not surprisingly, I'm now 4 lbs over target, so next week will be back to being stringent and getting some exercise in. Starting as soon as I've eaten this piece of Christmas cake I liberated from mum's house...nom nom nom...

No comments:

Post a Comment