Tuesday 31 January 2012

Chicken Salad

I was good, and stuck to the plan - here's my chicken and pancetta salad ready to be demolished!

Because I didn't have dough sticks, I had the option of adding something else, so I had some mediterranean vegetables, which were lovely. That increased the calorie value a bit, but still within my limit :-)

And I did have the tartufo for dessert - it was just a small ball of chocolate ice cream, but very intense and just the kind of hit I needed. I did take a picture but it's all fuzzy, so you will just have to imagine it.

We had an intersting chat about diets over dinner. My dinner companion (my niece) is doing the same diet at Sister#1, which involves two very low calorie days (650 each) then 5 normal days. Apparently in a Manchester University Study this proved the most effective diet for not only losing weight but keeping it off afterwards. They've both said they find it easier, as although their first two days are difficult (pretty well no carbs or treats) it's only for 2 days, and then they can have rice or pasta or a biscuit, so don't feel deprived.

They've only just started it - they're 3 weeks in - but I think I'll ask them to do a guest blog when they get a bit further.

Whatever you're up to, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment