Wednesday 21 September 2011

Take a walk

Today's task in my CBT diet book is to plan some exercise into my schedule. Whilst I do a bit of exercise now, it's a bit haphazard and not enough. So here's my new plan...

Each lunchtime I'm going to have a 5 - 10 min walk, outside if it's lovely like today and inside if it's raining (there are enough corridors and stairs at work to keep me busy!). Then on either Friday or Saturday I'm going to swim or do yoga (depending on visiting family, which will either be Fri or Sat). On Sunday have a swim and then go to the gym at least one night during the week. So I will get in 3 x 45 min sessions in a week, plus the lunchtime bits.

If I get into this routine now, then by the time I finish Alizonne (and get an extra evening free) it should be more of a habit and easier to maintain.

So, I just had my first lunchtime walk, in the sunshine and the wind, on the playing field near work. It was lovely to get away from my desk and get a bit of fresh air. Not sure I liked the accompanying clicking noise from my arthritic knee though, sounded like I was being followed by someone snapping twigs every other step! But still, when the weather decides what it's doing, my knee will stop clicking and I can have a peaceful walk. Roll on summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment