Wednesday 10 August 2011

These boots are made for walking

Manchester was wet and grey when I got up this morning, and it felt like winter was coming. It might have been bought on by the oppressive feeling of last night's events in the city, but it felt like a day for boots and knitwear.

I reached out my black boots - I don't have many boots as I've always had trouble finding ones that fit my very thick calves. Sometimes, to get them big enough round the calf, they have to be too big on the foot - so I end up with my legs squeezed into enormous flappy boots.

Anyway, today I put them on and zipped them up.

And that was it - they just zipped up. No struggle, no squeezing my legs into the welt, no getting skin or hosiery trapped in the zip. They - just - zipped - up. It felt marvellous. In fact, I think I might have to buy some thick socks if my legs get any thinner - or perhaps just some new boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment