Thursday 11 August 2011

FMBs

Thought you might want a closer look at those FMBs!

I bought these ages ago. I remember. I remember being in the shop and seeing them on the shelf. I remember feeling pulled towards them. I remember having them in my hands, cradling and stroking their very suediness (new work I just invented so there!). I remember thinking "they probably won't fit my huge calves. I remember praying to the god of FMBs that they would stretch far enough to hide my milky white tree stumps. I remember finding a stool to sit on to try them out. I remember my foot slipping into the red cosseting boot. And I remember ZIPPING THEM UP! Yeah! They fit. I remember how happy I was that I could have these lovely red boots, and wear them, and be happy and chic and stylish and admired from afar (OK, perhaps I remember too much).

And then I remembered it was spring, the end of boot season, and would be moths before I could get them out. So I put them in the back of the wardrobe and tried to forget about them.

And then this morning I REMEMBERED THEM all over again.

Today is joyful, I am happy that the weather is grey and miserable, and my feet feel cosseted and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment