Tuesday 26 July 2011

Water, water everywhere!

I have to drink between 2 and 2 1/2 litres of water a day. Not that easy, but since I'm not drinking wine or beer or even as much tea or coffee, I'm managing to fit it in.

The tricky bit was always knowing how much water I'd actually had. I'd start counting glasses, but got distracted and then could never remember whether I'd had 5 or 7 etc.

So I bought myself 2 one litre jugs. I have one at work, and one at home. When I get to work in the morning, I fill up my jug whilst making my first cup of tea. I have to drink the jugfull before I leave the office (although I usually end up adding a bit more around 5ish, as I work 'till 6.

When I get home, I fill the other jug up and drink it all before I go to bed.

So that takes care of 2 ltrs. I also have a glass of water in the morning to take all my tablets, and other bits during the day.

It works really well for me when I'm in the office - I just need to find a good way to keep track at the weekend when I'm out. I've starting putting 4 500ml bottles on one shelf in the fridge and trying to clear them all before bedtime (taking one of them with me if I go out) - it works in the main, but sometimes I forget!

Still, at least I'm managing most of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment