Saturday 23 July 2011

Friends for Dinner


Had company for dinner this weekend. Fortunately, one was a vegetarian, so I didn't feel too left out.
I made a trio of stuffed veg using half an aubergine, piece of corguette and a field mushroom, stuffed with a mixture of corguette, fennel, red, green and yellow pepper, spring onion tops and beef tomato. I sweated this all down with 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp sumac to give it a bit of a kick, and some salt and pepper. I'd baked the aubergine, corguette and mushrooms in the oven (aubergine for 30 mins, corguette for 15 and mushrooms for about 10) and then scooped out the middles and filled them up. I put Halloumi cheese on top of my friends (the kind of cheese I'm least likely to nibble. I served it with a bed of spinach, and some green veg.

For the others, I added little potatoes roasted with rosemary and a rack of lamb for the carnivores.

It was lovely, and looked delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment