Thursday 28 July 2011

Spurious Items in my Handbag

I've always joked with my mum that if I ever had an accident, they would have trouble identifying me by the contents of my handbag - because frankly, there are so many times that there are completely spurious items in my handbag.

The problem is, it's getting worse!

One night I went out (with mum) and apart from the usual girlie paraphenalia my bag contained:
- one purple court shoe
- one yoghurt pot lid, licked and washed clean
- 4 radishes

Another day, I turned up at mum's house to find she had company, and they were about to tuck into a lovely salad. "Help yourself" mum said - well it would be churlish not too, so I took the half eaten french stick out of my bag and made a sandwich!

Tonight I got home from work and unpacked from my bag:
- a small whisk
- a large bunch of fresh mint
- 3 gunpowder teabags

Now I know all these things have a place in my life, and in my handbag (and thank heavens for the current fashion for big bags!) but I really pity the poor guy in forensics trying to piece together my day should anything happen.

I'm sure tomorrow I'll be coming home with cat fur gloves and a better mousetrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment