Sunday 24 July 2011

In the herb garden

Thought I'd share a picture of my herb garden. I use fresh herbs a lot - especially in green salad and with griddled veg (listed earlier).

From the left, I have lavendar (just out of shot), purple sage, thyme (creeping over the wall, oregano behind it, camomile behind that (you can just see the white flowers, lovely for tea), chives, rosemary, more oregano and mint (in the big tub) next to a tub of chocolate mint (which tastes just like after 8 mints). I also have basil on the kitchen windowsil, and lemon balm and bay in a corner of the garden - so that's me sorted!

I also grow some fruit - strawberries that I no longer eat, blackcurrants that I made into jam for everyone else, raspberries that the birds have eaten since I didn't pick them and damsons and blackberries that are ripening in the sun - ready for more jam that I won't eat!

Seems such a shame - but I've made an art of giving away food - especially homemade jams and chutneys - and my husband's enjoying having the fruits of my labour to himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment