Sunday 31 July 2011

Digging for victory

I had intended to go for a swim this afternoon, but went to our outdoor gym instead!
We started digging this ditch (for some drainage we need for the new drive) at about 10 this morning. It's a meter deep, through stones, soil and sub-soil. Heavy going with a spade and a 15 lb wrecking bar. That's me weilding the wrecking bar - it feels really heavy, can't believe I've lost the equivalent of 3 of those in the last 3 months - what a weight to lug around!

David took this picture, and it's probably the first one of me working that I don't instantly want to throw in the bin - my bum doesn't look enormous!

So, after the full workout (not only digging, but also lumping all the bags of spoil to the tip, along with the old gates and gate posts) which didn't finish until half four, I had a lovely bath, and an extra sachet of food!

I'm sure I'll sleep well tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment