Thursday 7 July 2011

Crying Game

Ever had one of those days?
I did today.

I went to the dentists this morning (new front teeth - they're a bit tight and make my nose hurt!). As I was driving back to the office I just got this weird feeling. Not quite dread, but certainly unease. I'd spent the previous 2 days worrying about my mum, who had to go to hospital for a scan - turns out everything is fine, but I think I'd been really worried about it, so had a bit of an emotional roller coaster. (My dad died quite suddently of cancer in September last year, and the whole going to hospital thing just bought it all back).

Anyway, by the time I got to the office I was in tears. I couldn't go into work, just sat in the car sobbing. Not like me at all.

Don't really know if it's just emotions running high or the huge release of oestrogen from breaking down fat (where oestrogen gets stored). Given how overweight I am, my body must be like a huge oestrogen warehouse having a closing down sale.

Went for a cup of tea and a chat with a friend, and was right as rain in an hour.

Definitely one of those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment