Sunday 15 April 2012

Proper dinner

Well the builders have finally left, and I now have a fab new kitchen to cook in. So this was one of my first "proper" dinners in ages - having lived on microwave food for months.

For starters, scallops (as you know, they are my favourites). This big juicy super-fresh ones were from Bury market. You just can't beat them. Simply pan fried, served with a little sweet chilli dipping sauce and some micro pea shoots. Lovely.

This was followed by cod and chips (wedges made in the oven) with tinned peas - I still don't have a new freezer yet, so frozen peas are off the menu for now).

And then some exotic fruit salad later on - but unfortunately my other photos didn't come out too well, so I'll have to recreate this dinner again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment