Sunday 19 February 2012

Rubbish Week

This week has been rubbish - a real mix of highs and lows. On Monday I had a colleague up from London, so went out for dinner (Albert's Shed - how did you guess?). It was lovely, as ever. Reasonably on target too, since I had salad for lunch.

Then Tuesday I woke up with a banging migraine. So a day spent between bed and the sofa, with not much to eat other than a sandwich or toast. Wednesday I felt a bit better, so went to work, but felt just as bad by lunchtime so had to come home again. Thursday was a repeat of Tuesday. It's surprising how I fall back on straightforward carbs when I don't feel well. Partly because a sandwich is so comforting, but also because it's convenient and easy when you don't feel like cooking.

Started to perk up on Friday, and was out for dinner on Friday night. Cafe Rouge this time, and have to say I completely went off plan. A small salad for starters, but then steak and chips and a sundae. Totally naughty, but just what I felt like - which I suppose is OK as long as it's not too often.

On Saturday we had a family get together - it's big sister's big birthday next week, so a family lunch was the order of the day. This time though I did manage to stay close to plan - although I did have a few drinks. It was a lovely day, and I really enjoyed it. Then it was off out, to the Lowry for a caberet night - fabulous!

However, the scales are showing that the week was not good - so some work to do now to get back below target. Hey ho - that's what happens when you take your eye off the ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment