Wednesday 22 February 2012

Breaking the rules

How scared of that pancake do I look?

Love this photo, it seems to capture the moment.

Last night was the first time I broke a key one of my new diet rules - eating mindfully and slowly whilst sitting down. Normally, I don't eat on the run or stood up anyway, so it's not a hard one to keep - but pancakes are different. They have to be eaten hot from the pan, and you have to make them all in succession.

So the tradition in our house is to make a pancake and then eat it stood up in the kitchen whilst watching the next person make theirs. It makes for a very convivial evening, especially when things go wrong, but it does mean that you eat your pancake stood up (can't wait to get a table in the kitchen, then perhaps we could sit during the watching bit!).

Although having said that, I'm sure someone once told me that food doesn't count if you eat it stood up *myth alert*

No comments:

Post a Comment