Sunday 12 February 2012

Losing a trusted friend

Today I said a fond farewell to my freezer.

We're building an extension on the kitchen, and our house is very upside down - and some of the appliances have just had to go. The freezer was first of the list, so for the last 2 or 3 weeks we've been trying to empty it, by eating the contents instead of shopping. It's not been too bad - plenty of low calorie curries and soup in there, and hardly any fattening stuff (that all ceased about a year ago!).

But I did have some chicken livers - so I made some chicken liver pate (which I'd planned to make over Christmas but never got round to it). I've made four small pots which will keep in the fridge for a bit - although I've already given one to my neighbour, as I don't want to live on it all week. I do know it's my husband's favourite though, so I suspect he'll be having it on sandwiches for his lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment