Monday 7 May 2012

In a stew

Rhubarb and Apple.

Finally, I have a freezer - having been without one for about 3 1/2 months, and I really missed it! So today I've made up a batch of stewed rhubarb (with sweetener, not sugar) to have on my weetabix or with yoghurt in the afternoon when all my fresh fruit has been used up.

I used 2x450g packs of rhubarb, so that makes 190 calories, plus 3 Tbsp sweetener making another 24 (214) and it made 7 little pots, so about 30-35 calories a pot (each little pot holds about 120g of stewed fruit).

I've also made some stewed baking apple - we're having pork for dinner, and I love a bit of apple sauce with it - this is made with lemon juice and sweetener, and will also go in the freezer for with pork, or with yoghurt. They work out about 40cals per 120g pot.

Now I just have to wait for them to cool down enough to go in the freezer...

No comments:

Post a Comment