Monday 7 May 2012

Hey Presto

Hey Presto - fruit prepped and in the fridge!

I don't mix it, as it keeps fresher longer kept separate (especially with fruit like pineapple that "goes" quickly). When I'm ready to eat it, I just take the selected boxes out of the fridge and mix it in my bowl.

I didn't do both melons in the end - this looked like enough and the other one isn't quite ripe yet.
There's about 360 g in each of these boxes (they held 1 large mango, 1/2 pineapple, 1/3 melon each).

Calories per 100g:
Mangoes - 65
Pineapple - 48
Honeydew Melon - 36

So, a selection of about 1/4 or 1/3 box of each fruit (around 100g each) would be about 150 - 200 cals and would be plenty for a snack meal (I allow 200cals for breakfast and snacks, then 400 for lunch and 600 for dinner, making 1600 altogether).

No comments:

Post a Comment