Friday 20 July 2012

Back on the regime

Back on the regime and it's more Chinese inspired food for me.

I decided to go for a swim tonight, with an Adult's only swim session from 6-7. As it was about 5pm when I decided to go, I thought I'd prep dinner before I left so that I wouldn't be tempted to have a sandwich when I got back.

So this is what I left for myself - tuna steak (fresh from Bury market today, yum!) with lots of fresh veg and asian condiments.

I swam for about 30 mins - but much harder and faster than I used to. In one way, it's a bit more difficult than it used to be as I don't float as well now that I don't have an inbuilt lifejacket - but on the other hand I have much more energy.

I felt very virtuous when I got back home, and very glad that my dinner was almost ready - it took me about 5 mins to stir fry the veg and sear the tuna, which I rolled in 5 spice powder first for an extra kick.

The veg was bolstered by some fresh garlic and ginger, and then some oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and some fish sauce (1 Tbsp of each). No carbs, but with the protein of the fish it's very filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment