Sunday 10 April 2011

Welcome

I've decided to write this blog, as over the last 4 years I've lost 6 stones, using different methods and with a lot of help.

Basically, in August 2007, at 21 1/2 stone, I decided I had to do something about my weight. I'd starting putting on weight when I was about 18, and it crept up slowly - about 7 lbs a year - I can't say I didn't really notice, but I was happy enough so just ignored it.

My first big step was to sign up to the Boots weight management programme. This is a very low fat diet, and includes taking medication (known as Orlistat or Xenical) which helps prevent the digestion of fat.

Over a year, I lost 4 and a half stone, but then I hit a plateau and found it difficult to lose any more. My eating habits had changed dramatically though - my consumption of butter and cream were much lower, and I generally cooked lower fat versions of most things.

For six months I decided to "go it alone" and managed to keep my weight steady. But then I wanted to lose some more.

In June 2009 I joined Slimming World - doing "extra easy" which is about eating lots of fruit and veg and limited amounts of carbs and protein. Some weeks I lost a fair bit - but mostly just a pound here and there, and after a year I'd only lost 1/2 stone.

I then had some health and personal issues, and eating properly wasn't high on my priority list. I completely lost focus, comfort ate, grabbed fast food on the run and ate the wrong things. Nine months later, I'd put on a stone and a half! My trousers got too tight for comfort, but I was determined not to buy bigger (and I didn't have any bigger clothes, I'd got rid of them all!). So, I looked for another alternative for losing the 7 to 7 1/2 stone I wanted to.

And then I heard about Alizonne and thought I'd give it a go.

That was April 2011, and this blog is my journey since then.

I hope you enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I´m a norwegian girl/woman, aged 31. I just started the Alizonne programme. I started it last tuesday (today it is saturday).
    I googled the word "Alizonne" and I am reading everything that I can find about it.
    I was really pleased to see that you had an entire blog on the subject! I haven´t read the entire thing yet, but I will! I just needed to stop for a bit an thank you in this comment.
    I can see from you pictures that this really works for you! Good job!
    I need to loose 56 kg - and I know that I can do it! There are not too much info about this subject on the internet. I really would like to know a bit more about the phases. All I know is that you loose 70% of the total loss in the 1st phase and 20% in the 2nd. But what about the other phases? Why are there so many?
    These first days have been fantastic! I can´t help it, but I am going on the scale all the time... And it is really running off!

    Thank you so very much for having this blog! It will really help me!

    Best regards,
    Trude from Norway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Trude,
      Thank you for your lovely comments - I hope you find it useful and hope that Alizonne works for you.
      Apologies it took me a while to reply - for some reason I don't get messages about comments anymore, and I missed this one.

      Regards,
      Disappearing Dawn

      Delete