Saturday 7 May 2011

Holiday

Had a lovely break.

The hotel was fabulous - I had my own mini menu with three or four dishes on it, all on plan!
The waitress even made my oatmeal for breakfast, and they didn't mind me taking in my own dessert - they just bought me a spoon when they bought my husband his pudding.

The food was lovely - it would have been an absolute treat to eat it. With a Michelin starred chef and an emphasis on local produce, it was foodie heaven. But I'm focussed and stay on plan, even drinking just water or tea all weekend. The food I took with me all lasted - fortunately there was a fridge in our room which helped. The salad was a bit tired by Sunday, but hey ho - I can live with wilted lettuce once in a while.

Went for a swim in the river Frome - this picture helps me focus on why I'm doing this - just look at the size of my bum!

Before leaving we visited the deli shop in the pub's car park - fresh veg from the market for me (including some lovely field mushrooms, fresh rhubarb and asparagus), and some local cheeses for hubby. (I miss cheese, but the force is strong...)

Had a lovely time

No comments:

Post a Comment